Krakow, Poland, 31 May - 2 June 2023
During my journey as a programmer, trainer and mentor I have encountered multiple situations when my colleagues or myself encountered difficult to test code. Some of these situations were nearly identical for multiple people, some of them not. In this talk I will show how you can simplify your application and open it up for testing by analysing encountered use cases with applied solutions.
Knowledge of OOP, Onion Architecture, Java (and the JUnit ) or Java like language, and experience in writing unit, integration and end to end tests is recommended before joining session.
After this talk you will know:
- What is the gray area of tests.
- Know strategies to test problematic classes.
- Test integration with external libraries and frameworks and services
- How to effectively use Fakes.
- What to mock and what not to mock.
- How to test multithreaded application.
- How encapsulating an application into a single domain object will simplify testing.
- Speed up integration tests.
- How to test time dependent code.
- How to test no visible effect action
- How to test fault tolerance and resilience
- How to reuse Unit Acceptance Tests as integration or API tests
- Why use Property Based Testing for Value Objects.
- Strategies for testing mutable objects.
- How to test persistance
- Do I need to test logging?
- How to test async code.
- Useful testing heuristic.
- Alternative for performance tests.
- How and why to test mutability and equals contracts.
- Do I need tests for DTO objects?
Ticket prices will go up in...
You missed out!
ICE Krakow, ul. Marii Konopnickiej 17
+48 691 793 877